Wednesday, 04 June 2008

Bring Your Binoc's, Baby!


Hi guys
The year was 1986. Luminous pink roll down socks were all the rage (or was that just me?). My family and I headed to a spot not far from Matjiesfontein to see Haleys Comet. I remember there being a lot of sheep shit. We had a rad Autovilla. I'd give anything to have it back today...sigh...
Anyway. This all got me to thinking about my contribution at Matjies this year...I want to explore the Karoo sky by night. I plan to head down to the planetarium (last visited, also around 86, for mandatory crap school trip..) and learn more about the sky and then share at Matjies. Does anyone have an idea where I can loan a telescope for the weekend? I want to step up a little star viewing station with some hot toddies, a telescope and the stars above. Bring binoc's baby!

See you there,
Sam
www.samreinders.com


(Moon photo c/o davidanthonyporter from Flickr. He has a CC licence that says its cool to share this photo. What a rad guy.)

I have spent a good and valuable hour searching for a photo of said luminous pink socks. But, I tell you, there are just no quality pictures of the subject out there. Sad.

No comments: