Sunday, 01 June 2008

" We are: Toast Coetzer and Rebecca Hodes

And we will bring to show & tell:
I will play with my band The Buckfever Underground and Rebecca will read a poem and also bring a local short film DVD called ‘Andre’ to screen." Toast
" Just to let you know that I will not be reading a poem at maitjies. I don't know where toast got that from - he is mad. I would rather give a workshop on how to eat one's own toenails than read a poem I had written. I would however like to screen some South American safe-sex cartoons. They are half an hour in total, and wonderful, old-style awareness initiatives with a chuckle.
Also, I would like to screen a South African short film called 'Andre' about an existentially challenged male model in Cape Town. Am trying to get the directors to come along to the weekend, in which case they will take over the screening.
Looking forward to the weekend! Much love, Rebecca "

"We’d like to sleep in the same room we did last year, which is in the hotel, up the stairs, straight down the corridor, last room on your right. If at all possible."
(Photo of Rebecca and Toast from here)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will leave the poetry to Nadine and Tania. I would like to screen 'Andre', a short film made by Ari Kruger and Daniel Zimbler (about an existentially challenged male model in Cape Town), and some South American safe sex cartoon shorts.