Friday, 29 May 2009

Making Magic with Light


I am going to attempt to do something at this years show 'n tell that I have always wanted to witness myself. I am going to create a Camera Obscura... a trick of light that was discovered, hundreds of years ago, that eventually led to the invention of photography. I like the idea that, amongst all the technology that allows us to play the way we do at S&T, we'll be able to connect with, and experience the magic that inspired it all.

I will choose the exact location on the weekend itself as the potential spaces in the Lord Milner Hotel (and surrounding Karoo landscape) are so incredible for this project.

1 comment:

Inge said...

love love love your idea Julia! What about doing it in Katies Card room? It be great to go up that staircase for that..?
very exciting.. x